Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Morning Comes Too Soon


blades of light shave sleep from my eyes
opening slowly while darkness dies
from behind closed lips my body cries
with sputters groans and muffled sighs

in the shade of daybreak reality lurks
as sinister as an Ottoman Turk
it grips my covers and with a jerk
drags my carcass back to work
sleep sticks stubbornly to my to my face
while war ensues for parking space
like mindless drones the coffee chase
invigorates the day's rat race

the cackling fluorescent light
deafens the eyes and murders sight
and hidden switches steal my right
to fight the flickering fiendish bright

a prisoner till work is done
time won't fly won't walk won't run
the clock tick mimics a cocking gun
that shreds the doors and slays the sun

now creeping crawling slinking home
the day a booming palindrome
but my sealy vixen lies alone
and summons me in sultry tone

the sack of darkness gobbles day
when up the walk i trudge my way
like marching through a bale of hay
to a devilish door that pulls away

the granite knob must yield to me
with strength revived my bones set free
to carry me in and there to see
the place where I have longed to be

the razor blades rest on horizons's shore
my carcass returns to peace once more
and like eagles overhead my covers soar
to engulf me and my vixen until morning's roar

groan and sputter

No comments:

Post a Comment