Monday, December 15, 2014

All of Me

there there, my love
lay your burden down
i see your wounds
i watch you shield me
from the hurt they cause
shield me no more but 
let me feel, my love
let me in to the dark
i can be an ointment
upon the tattered flesh
of your soul
there is home for you
here here, my love
you walked away but
i went with you
i held you up when 
your bones broke and
your muscles gave way
i pulled you along 
when your feet left
from under you 
i raised your chin
above each new
wave of adversity and 
heartache the world 
saw fit to train you with
i know you are hurting
i feel it too
every compliment 
burns like bourbon
in a bullet hole
for the mouths of those
give them know not the
failures they deride
you haven't failed, my love
not yet
for all your effort and pain
and loss and sleepless nights
my love, you've never really tried
take me with you, my love
do not deny me, my love
use me and lean on my
strength my talent my skill
my passion
is yours
for the taking
i am yours, my love
let me into your darkness
let me light the way
there is so much more
than what you have been
raging against
sleep sleep, my love
let the shade of night
cover your eyes and 
close them to the 
memories you carry
let the cool sheet of 
twilight melt into you
holding your head 
heavy to my lap
dream dream, my love
dream 
and when you wake
hold that dream in one hand
and take mine in the other
at daybreak we'll follow
where it leads
and there we will build
our peace

No comments:

Post a Comment