Monday, February 24, 2014

No Where

no where to go
it has to come out
it fills me from the pit
of my stomach
it makes my bones shout

but it's dying
now within me
like a flame under a
mason jar
it longs to be free

it longs to fly
and give itself away
to escape the terrible
nonage and isolation
entrapping men today

it needs to run
and feel the breeze
that is far away from
the confines of ego
that makes it freeze

it desires to encourage
enlighten and engage
with all the love and
energy of souls whose
presence can assuage

alas for all its wants
it does none of these
so rare an occasion
that fans the flame
it leaves us in siege

to be given away to
drink the rain of love
of another is what
my love longs for
yet it falls not from above

so it looks around
but with none to know
settles into its ember
beneath the glass
for it has nowhere to go

No comments:

Post a Comment